The Mise-en-scene of My Film

 Mise-en-scene can be described as the arrangement of the set as well as the characters in a film. This also includes things like costuming and music. I had a really fun time trying to figure out my mise-en-scene as it is the most creative part of a film in my opinion. 

Here are the elements of mise-en-scene that will be seen in my film.


1. Costumes:

As my opening follows teenagers in their journey to love so to speak, the viewers will be seeing what high schoolers truly wear. This includes, for the girls, jeans or short and a basic top with sneakers  Depending on the character, like I know I want to make one of them super friendly and extravagant, their clothing will match. On to the topic of the love interests, I see them wearing the same colors in their own styles. This can be a cute little foreshadowing moment showing that they are meant to be together.

Style Inspirations:








2: Set Design:

For my set, I was hoping to do some sort of school yard moment when the love interests meet. Also, in the beginning when my main character is talking with her friends I was envisioning them in a girls bedroom. The set would have trendy things, like string lights and pictures on the wall. I would mainly make changes to the bedroom set and spruce it up with more popular decor as well as more colors.

Set Inspirations:






3: Sound:

My main goal for the sound is to have upbeat music during the times when there is no dialogue. In one scene specifically when my main character, Jade, is in her car I want the music to sound like what teens today listen to. My inspiration is a mix of Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift, but royalty free of course. 

My main song inspirations are:

  • Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
  • Can't Stop The Feeling! by Justin Timberlake
  • Adore You by Harry Styles
  • thank u, next by Ariana Grande
  • Wildest Dream by Taylor Swift

4: Movement and Blocking:

Staging the scene is one of the things that I am nervous about for my film opening. I want everything to be perfect and cohesive. I want to start with a wide shot and the transition to mediums and close ups of the girls while they're talking. Then, when Jade gets in her car I want to have a tracking shot and transition to her driving off to the right of the screen. I haven't quite thought about how I want the rest of the opening to run but I'm hoping that it turns out great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SCRIPT WRITING PROCESS!