THE SCRIPT WRITING PROCESS!

 Hey everyone!

So it's been a little while but I started writing my script!! Exciting right? Well through this process I've had a lot of time to reflect on my piece as well as many that have inspired me. 


For starters, I have been saying since the beginning that I wanted an intro similar to that of He's Just Not That Into You. As I started to write, I honestly couldn't think of a way to make it happen. It was definitely a tricky tactic that would take forever for me to get right. While I didn't take that method, I still took something from the movie. The phone call interaction in the bar inspired me to translate that into our society, or at least attempt to. I found the script for the movie (screen shot below) and it was amazing. It didn't have many directions but it was really great to see my favorite movie and how it started. 




Some concerns I had while starting to write my script was how I was going to fit all my ideas into my opening. Every time I started to write, I came up with new ideas. I wanted to be able to put each one in my opening, but honestly that would have been a mess. I am still revising it to make it the best it can be. Another concern I had was my casting and costumes. I had a rough idea of who I wanted, but it will take a ton of convincing. I am extremely excited to see how my film opening turns out and experience the filming and editing process.


Some of my inspirations!


He's Just Not That Into You



How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days




10 Things I Hate About You

Comments